A one-of-a-kind email course that helps you write and create a puppet act, show, or short film in five weeks – from idea to performance.
You'll get instructional videos and worksheets in a weekly email. You also receive playlists of amazing puppetry acts to help you get inspired and make your own unique piece for stage or screen.
---- What's inside:
You receive an email once a week for five weeks so that it's paced out for you.
Week 1: Idea Generation
Week 2: Creating Characters
Week 3: Building a Story
Week 4: Connection
Week 5: And BONUSES :
- Custom playlists of the world's best puppet acts in all styles of puppetry.
- Worksheets to help you define your character, story, and a blueprint for your piece.
- A list of 20 mega-useful resources that all puppet artists must know about.
- A Tech Rehearsal Cheat Sheet and guide to the technical requirements of performing on stage or screen.
- A Show Submission Template so you can get your act on shows and get paid to perform.
- A guide to shows, events, and festivals that love puppetry.
- A list of Puppet Film Festivals and other film festivals that accept puppet film submissions.
- A private Facebook group for students of this course so you have support and access to the latest calls for puppetry acts.
You get lifetime access that starts as soon as you sign up.
Part 1: Idea Generation
Coming up with ideas for acts can be tricky. How do you even start?
In Part One I'll guide you through the process for generating lots of ideas for new work. You'll get so many new ideas, you won't know what to pick! Don't worry, I'll help with that too.
Part 2: Creating Characters
Part two of this course takes you through the steps of creating characters that the audience will fall in love with.
Part 3: Building a Story
After you get to know your characters, you have to give them a journey to go on! Telling a compelling story is the single most important part of your act.
In Part three we explore storytelling and what makes a story tick.
Part 4: Connection
We don't usually think about it, but most great performances are ones that speak to the heart.
In Part four, you'll learn how to make your performance one that an audience connects with. Part four explores the emotion of your piece and what feeling you'd like to leave your audience with.